We are seeking a highly motivated research assistant to join the CRISPR therapeutic laboratory (Jiang Lab) at the Icahn Genomics Institute at the Icahn School of Medicine. Our lab focuses on engineering advanced CRISPR tools to rewrite defective genomic DNA and further evolving them into next-generation gene therapy methods to correct untreatable human genetic diseases, including cystic fibrosis, mitochondrial disease, and liver cancer. More information about the Jiang lab can be found on the lab website. This position offers the candidate a competitive salary, a great opportunity to work in an advanced and highly translational research field, participate in project-based research, as well authorships on the papers.
- Manage the laboratory mouse colonies and breeding.
- Design and perform in vivo studies independently.
- Help manage lab orderings and organize lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related scientific field.
- 3-6 months of laboratory experience.
- Good management and organization skills.
- Experience with in vivo animal studies and animal handling will be preferred.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Dr. Jiang (email@example.com)