The Bunyavanich Lab is seeking talented individuals who can fulfill the responsibilities and requirements below to apply for post-doctoral positions in our lab. Our interdisciplinary team led by Professor Supinda Bunyavanich applies epidemiology, multi-omics, and systems biology to interpret multi-scale data generated from human cohorts with asthma and allergic diseases.
- Analyze high-throughput sequence data.
- Develop and implement methods to analyze these data.
- Maintain large datasets linked to clinical data.
- Communicate progress with PI regularly and contribute to the success of the research team.
- Develop and maintain productive collaborations within Mount Sinai and with outside researchers in academia and industry.
- Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences
- Some supervision of trainees and technical staff may also be required.
- Degree in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, genomics, or a related field.
- Outstanding programming skills in R, Python, and Unix shell scripting.
- Excellent track record of analyzing sequence data. Experience with clinical cohorts and microbiome analysis a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and statistical genetics. Familiarity with genomic data tools, repositories, and databases.
- Strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Ability to work hard and independently while contributing to the team effort and adhering to deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with track record of productive collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to work concurrently on several projects, and good understanding of analytic complexities to do independent research as well as assist other researchers.
Interested and qualified candidates may inquire about positions by submitting a CV and detailed letter of interest to Professor Supinda Bunyavanich (Supinda.Bunyavanich@mssm.edu).