Under the broad guidance of Professor Supinda Bunyavanich at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, the Research Laboratory Manager will manage research projects and support collaborations. The project portfolio of the Bunyavanich Research Group includes several projects, including NIH-funded programs requiring coordination of research activities, meetings, samples, and data between team members, collaborators at multiple institutions, and the NIH. The incumbent will be responsible for fully supporting the development and execution of research strategies in collaboration with key team members and will play a key role in fostering the growth of the research program and contributing to new science.
- Support the Bunyavanich Lab and its collaborations with third parties by coordinating activities to achieve project goals.
- Sample and data coordination, including communicating, organizing, tracking, and liasing with internal and external sample and data repositories
- Manage IRB approvals, IRB renewals, documents, and reports requested by funders.
- Track and report project activities and costs to Dr. Bunyavanich.
- Manage scheduling and logistics for meetings and track/communicate action items to internal and external parties.
Education Minimum Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree
Required Experience and Skills
- Job experience as a clinical research coordinator
- Job experience working at the bench in a scientific laboratory
- Job experience managing IRB protocols
- Organized with steadfast attention to detail, passion for science
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; able to establish good working relationships and collaborate with networks of employees of all backgrounds
- Demonstrated credibility: diplomatic, decisive, straightforward, honest
- Openness to commit to this position for the long-term.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Graduate degree in science
- 2+ years of academic job experience
- Job or research experience in data science and/or genomics
Interested candidates should send a detailed letter of interest and CV to Professor Supinda Bunyavanich at Supinda.Bunyavanich[at]mssm.edu